With any property development being undertaken, there are a number of issues which need to be addressed to ensure the outcome is the best possible. A major item in this is attending to the raft of taxation issues impacting on the development.
Working with many clients over a number of years, we have built up a considerable expertise in this complex area.
Some of the issues that need to be considered in property development:
- Does or can the margin scheme apply for GST?
- Is the property pre Capital Gains Tax?
- Is the developer going to retain one or more of the developed properties at the completion of the project?
- Is the development going to be completed over a number of stages?
- Are you re-developing an existing building?
- What if you want to strata title an existing property – are you doing renovations at the same time?
All these and more can impact on the planning which needs to be undertaken PRIOR to any substantive works being commenced.
At Wise Accountants we have the expertise required to assist you in a variety of areas relating to residential and commercial property.
The services we offer include:
- Advice on purchasing a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on how to fund the purchase
- Guidance on tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you in the business of rental properties!
Yes! To help you, we need to know you and your business. Many business owners make costly mistakes simply because they didn’t call their accountant for advice. You will only be charged if we are required to do extra work outside the scope of our original agreement.